PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU USE OUR SITE. BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR SITE.
These Terms govern your use of the Website and your use of information obtained through the Website, including information, software, artwork, text, video, audio, pictures, content, trademarks, trade dress and other intellectual property owned by Taporel Electrical or our licensors and made available to you through the Website (collectively, “Taporel Electrical Content”). Please read these Terms carefully as they impose legal obligations on you and us. By using the Website, you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these Terms and agree to be legally bound by them. In addition, for certain activities on the Site, we may further confirm your consent by asking you to click an “I accept” button.
Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), WE DO NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO WE KNOW ARE UNDER 13 TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR WEBSITE. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR WEBSITE IF YOU ARE BETWEEN 13 AND THE APPLICABLE AGE OF MAJORITY, PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN. Please understand that we cannot necessarily tell if a user is providing us with his or her true age.
Obtaining and Using a Password.
If you register to use the Website and have a valid password, you will be authorized to access the password-protected areas of the Website. You must keep in mind that we will treat anyone who uses your username and password as you. We will provide this individual with all of the rights and privileges that we provide to you, and we will hold you responsible for the activities of a person using your username and password. We therefore recommend that you maintain your username and password in confidence, and that you refrain from disclosing this information to anyone who might “pretend” to be you with respect to the Website. We also ask that you notify us immediately if you suspect that someone is using your username and/or password in this or any other inappropriate manner.
If you access the Website through a third party site or service, you will provide your third party account credentials to Taporel Electrical, and you are consenting to have the information in those accounts transmitted into your Taporel Electrical account, and you agree that you shall only use accounts owned by you, and not by any other person or entity.
2018 Taporel Electrical. The materials on this website are the subject of copyright protection and are the proprietary property of Taporel Electrical. Copyright entitles the owner to the exclusive right to copy and reproduce the materials. Copying or reproducing the materials may infringe the copyright. You are permitted only to download, display, print or reproduce the materials in unaltered form for personal, non-commercial use, research or study. Taporel Electrical and our licensors retain all rights with respect to the Website and Taporel Electrical Content except those expressly granted to you in these Terms. You may not (i) access, view, modify or otherwise use any portion of our Website not made expressly accessible to you, or (ii) modify, copy, distribute or otherwise use the Website or Taporel Electrical Content without our express permission. Requests for authorization to use the materials contained on this website for any other purpose should be directed in writing to the Taporel Electrical, Legal Department at 40 Waterview Drive, Shelton, Connecticut, 06484-1000.
No copyright is claimed on materials, formats or styles, which originated from outside sources when it can be conclusively demonstrated or apparent that the copyright was originated by some other person, corporation or entity. The ADVAN GROUP name, logo and associated design, and those of any affiliated company, are registered trademarks owned by Taporel Electrical. These names, logos, and designs may not be used in any manner inconsistent with Taporel Electrical’s ownership rights thereto. Third party trademarks found on our websites are the property of their respective owners. Any other techniques, business information, technical information, specifications, and other such “intellectual property” that may be found on or disclosed within our websites is for informational purposes only and may not be sold or distributed for commercial gain.
Taporel Electrical reserves the right to remove any User Submissions from the Website at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such User Submissions or if Taporel Electrical is concerned that you may have breached our Acceptable Use Guidelines), or for no reason at all. You, not Taporel Electrical, remain solely responsible for all User Submissions that you upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise disseminate using, or in connection with, the Website, and you warrant that you possess all rights necessary to provide such User Submissions to Taporel Electrical and to grant Taporel Electrical the rights to use such information in connection with the Website and as otherwise provided herein. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the Website.
Taporel Electrical will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide timely, accurate information (the determination of which is solely within our judgment and discretion) that appears on its Website. Nonetheless, some errors may find their way into the Website or may be inconsistent with information or facts that develop within the marketplace. ADVAN GROUP DOES NOT PROMISE THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, OR THAT YOU WILL OBTAIN SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT, SEARCH OR LINK ON IT. WHEN YOU ACCESS THE WEBSITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
– We assume no responsibility for your use of our Websites
Taporel Electrical, its affiliates, officers and employees assume no responsibility in relation to the use of this Website, the Taporel Electrical Content or any information contained in it. Taporel Electrical makes no representation as to the availability, accuracy, or completeness of the content of this Website. Taporel Electrical shall not be liable for any damages or injury resulting from users’ access to or inability to access this Website or from reliance on any information at this Website. In addition we reserve the right to interrupt, discontinue, or disable access to any or all of the functionality of this Website or to change its content at any time without prior notice, but we do not assume any responsibility to update it. We assume no liability regarding any use of the information within our Websites and you agree that we shall not be liable for any modification, suspension, interruption or discontinuance of access to the Website, or for cancellation of your account registration.
– We make no warranties
– UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT OR NEGLIGENCE, WILL ADVAN GROUP AND ITS AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT ON IT, EVEN IF ADVAN GROUP HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE LIABILITY OF ADVAN GROUP WOULD IN SUCH CASE BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
– Our websites provide no legal advice
The information contained in this Website and the Websites of any company affiliated with Taporel Electrical are not intended to be legal advice or professional technical advice. Any information posted on any Taporel Electrical Website should be considered as general information only.
– Technical terms we use may require special definitions
The information in our Websites may use terms that have technical meanings that may be different from their ordinary meanings and require specialist knowledge and expertise to understand properly and use effectively.
– Posted information may not be complete or may contain errors
We make our best efforts to provide comprehensive, complete and current information on our Websites. It is possible, however, that there may be additional information about one or more products that is not posted to a website. Please use our Contact Us Form to notify us of any errors or if you need additional information about one of our products or any other information on a Taporel Electrical Website. The specifications of the products listed in our catalog sheets, correct at the date of publication, are subject to change without notice.
Typographical or pictorial errors within our Websites which are brought to our attention will be corrected in subsequent updates. Product dimensions in our catalog and installation sheets are nominal and are provided for the convenience of our customers. We reserve the right to make changes from time to time, without notice, which may change the dimensions or information shown.
– Third party information may be unreliable; third party disputes
Some of the information contained in this Website is provided to Taporel Electrical and its affiliates by third parties. It is not possible for Taporel Electrical and its affiliates to check exhaustively the accuracy of all information provided by third parties. Inaccuracies may arise in that information in different ways, and those inaccuracies may not be evident to users of this Website. Although we may provide links to other websites (“Linked Sites”) as a matter of convenience for our users, Taporel Electrical has no control over these Linked Sites and we do not necessarily share their viewpoints and cannot guarantee the accuracy or authenticity of the information within those websites. Use these Linked Sites at your own risk. The presence of a Linked Site on the Website does not and should not be taken as implying an endorsement or approval of the content of the Linked Site by Taporel Electrical, the activities of the organizations and businesses responsible for those websites, or any policies associated with such websites whether or not those policies are published. Under no circumstances is Taporel Electrical responsible or liable for any privacy, intellectual property, or other policy of a Linked Site provided on a Taporel Electrical Website or a website of a company affiliated with Taporel Electrical.
You agree that Taporel Electrical shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings with third parties. If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you understand and agree that Taporel Electrical is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you hereby release Taporel Electrical, its officers, employees, agents, and successors in rights from claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
– There are inherent security risks with on-line services
It is unlikely that there will ever be a security system that is utterly infallible and unbreakable by a concerted attack with enough time, skill, and resources.
Taporel Electrical has three types of security associated with its websites. One type is for a publicly available website – no login is required, and there is no encryption of any information. The second type is semi-secure – a login system requires a user ID and a password, but there is no encryption of any exchanged information. The third type of website has the highest security – a login system is used with an encrypted data communication system based on Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) encryption. This highest level of security would be used where financial information and orders are involved. Highly secured sites will generally have a URL that begins with https://. . ., and some browsers will show an icon of a closed lock to indicate a secured connection.
You should be aware, however, that there are some inherent risks associated with the transmission of information via the Internet, and with using SSL as the encryption mechanism. If you do not wish to use any of the Taporel Electrical company online services, you can transact with us by mail at the address listed in the Contact Us section of these Terms.
In an effort to protect your Personal Information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place reasonable and appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of the Personal Information against any possible loss or unauthorized access.
– Fees and Payment
Although some of our services are currently free to users, Taporel Electrical reserves the right to require payment of fees for certain or all services. You shall pay all applicable fees, as described on the Website in connection with such services selected by you. Taporel Electrical reserves the right to change its price list and to institute new charges at any time, upon notice to you, which may be sent by email or posted on the Website. Your use of the services following such notification constitutes your acceptance of any new or increased charges. Any fees paid hereunder are non-refundable.
Acceptable Use Guidelines.As a condition to your use of the Website, you agree to follow our Acceptable Use Guidelines, set out below. Under these Guidelines, you will not:
– Upload, email or otherwise transmit any images or other user content that is unlawful, obscene, harmful, hateful, invades the privacy of any third party, contains nudity or pornography or is otherwise objectionable.
– Disseminate materials that impact or invade the privacy of others, such as photographs, video clips, sound recordings, personally identifiable information, or other materials that reveal personal, private or sensitive information about another person, without that person’s consent.
– Submit material that is intentionally false, defamatory, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing.
– Infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy. Electronic materials – such as music, videos, games, images and text in electronic form – can easily be copied, modified and sent over networks (such as the internet). These electronic materials are thus extremely vulnerable to unauthorized distribution and copyright infringement. These materials may not be transmitted over the Website without the copyright owner’s permission or without a legitimate “fair use” justification for the transmittal.
– Transmit materials that contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer-programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
– Use the Website to artificially generate traffic or page links to a website or for any other purpose not expressly allowed under these Terms.
– Use the Website in a manner that could disable, overburden or impair the Website or Services or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Website and Services, such as through sending “spam.”
– Use the Website to test or reverse engineer the Website in order to find limitations, vulnerabilities or to evade filtering capabilities.
– Seek to obtain access to any materials or information through “hacking”, “data harvesting” or through other means we have not intentionally made available to you through the Website, including use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl,” “scrape,” or “spider” any page of the Website.
– Use the Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms. For example, you will not use the Website to violate any law, statute or regulation (including, without limitation, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising).
Monitoring; Revocation or Suspension of Use Privileges.
Contact for Alleged Copyright Infringement.
Taporel Electrical respects the intellectual property rights of others and requires that its users do the same. If you believe that content on the Website or other activity taking place on the Website constitutes infringement of a work protected by copyright, please notify our agent, designated under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512) (the “DMCA”) to respond to such concerns, as follows:
Your notice must comply with the DMCA. Upon receipt of a compliant notice, we will respond and proceed in accordance with the DMCA.
Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent: If the content provider or user believes that the material that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or the content provider or user believes that it has the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or, pursuant to the law, the content provider or user, must send a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent listed above:
A. A physical or electronic signature of the content provider or user;
B. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
C. A statement that the content provider or user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
D. Content provider’s or user’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address, and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider’s or user’s address is located, or, if the content provider’s or user’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Company is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the Designated Agent, Taporel Electrical may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that Taporel Electrical may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at Taporel Electrical’s discretion.
Rules For Sweepstakes, Contests, Raffles And Promotions.
Promotions, discount rules or coupon codes for a free gift with purchase will result in one free gift per order, not per item, unless otherwise noted. Only one coupon code, discount rule or promotion may be used per order, unless otherwise noted. Promotions, discount rules and coupon codes are valid only to the listed expiration date. Promotional/Coupon codes are subject to change at any time. In order to receive a free item with a promo code, the item must be added to your shopping cart and the promo code added during checkout; cost of the free item will be taken off of your total.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Taporel Electrical and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees harmless from any liability to third parties, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from or related to your breach of these Terms.
These Terms shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Website and associated services. You may terminate your use of the Website and services at any time. Taporel Electrical may terminate or suspend your access to the Website or services or your account at any time, for any reason, and without warning, which may result in the forfeiture and destruction of all information associated with your account. Taporel Electrical may also terminate or suspend any and all services and access to the Website immediately, without prior notice or liability, if you breach any of the terms or conditions of these Terms. Upon termination of your account, your right to use the services, access the Website, and any Content will immediately cease. All provisions of these Terms which, by their nature, should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, and limitations of liability.
Modifications to these Terms.
We may modify and change these Terms over time. We will not “retroactively” change these Terms, and any modifications we make shall take effect proactively, once you next access the Website. Please feel free to print out a copy of the current Terms for your records.
These Terms shall not be assignable by you, either in whole or in part. Taporel Electrical reserves the right to assign its rights and obligations under these Terms.
These Terms shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Connecticut without giving effect to its conflicts of law provisions. Both parties submit to the personal jurisdiction of and venue in the state and federal courts in the State of Connecticut, in the judicial district where Taporel Electrical resides. The parties further agree that any cause of action arising under this Agreement shall exclusively be brought in such courts. You acknowledge and agree that any disputes under these Terms (i) will be resolved on an individual basis, and that class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted, and (ii) you are giving up your right to have a trial by jury. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND ADVAN GROUP ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall be enforced. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe, or describe the scope or extent of such section. Taporel Electrical’s failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive its right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. The terms and conditions contained herein set forth the entire understanding and agreement between Taporel Electrical and you with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede any prior or contemporaneous understanding, whether written or oral.
If you have any questions about these Terms, the practices of this Website, or your dealings with Taporel Electrical, please contact us using our Contact Us Form or by writing to us at:
The effective date of these Terms is May 25, 2018.
Last Updated: May 25, 2018
As Taporel Electrical is a U.S.-headquartered company, your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to transfer and processing.
Whenever we use the words “we” or “us” or “Taporel Electrical,” we are referring to Taporel Electrical and its divisions, subsidiaries, and affiliates. Whenever we use the words “our website,” we are referring to www.advangroup.com.
Collection, Storage, and Use in the United States
Please note that your Personal Information may be used by us in the country where it was collected, as well as in the United States, where laws regarding the use of Personal Information may be less strict than the laws in your country.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products, services, website, and mobile apps, and to offer you additional information about our products and services. We collect Personal Information as follows: When you voluntarily provide it to us
How We Use Personal Information
Taporel Electrical may use the Personal Information we collect to:
Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information
– Providing Services to You, Fulfilling Orders, and Maintaining Systems. We may share information about you with third parties who perform services on our behalf, who provide content through our Services, and with others to enable services and functionality and to perform maintenance and improve the services.
We also hire vendors that work on our systems that may have access to your Personal Information in the course of performing their duties. We require those vendors to keep your Personal Information confidential and not to use it for their own purposes.
You expressly consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with our third-party service providers and vendors.
– Third Parties May Collect Personal Information from Other Sources. Some third parties involved in advertising operations may maintain their own proprietary consumer databases that allow them to personally identify or track website visitors. Other third parties have proprietary technologies to determine what additional devices you may use, on which it can display relevant advertisements.
– Do-Not-Track. Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative that has developed a “flag” or signal that an Internet user may activate in the user’s browser software to notify websites that the user does not wish to be “tracked” by third-parties as defined by the initiative. The online community has not agreed on what actions, if any, should be taken by the websites that receive the “do-not-track” signal, and therefore Do-Not-Track is not yet standardized. Our website does not alter its behavior or change its services when it receives a “do-not-track” flag or signal from your browser.
– Your Privacy and Ad Choices. You can make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. You can control whether companies serve you on-line behavioral advertising by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance website and using its opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser.
As an alternative to the DAA opt–out, you can also elect to block browser cookies from first parties (such as those from our website) and browser cookies from third parties (such as advertisers) by using the cookie blocking options built into your browser software. If you block browser cookies, some parts of our website may not function correctly. Also, blocking cookies will not stop third-parties from collecting IP address, data stored in “Flash” cookies, and certain other types of technical information that may uniquely identify your browser.
Third parties, widgets, and hosted solutions that we may use on our website may use the following technologies for features, services, advertising, or analytics:
– Browser cookies. Browser cookies are small pieces data placed on your computer as you navigate websites with your browser. Browser cookies allow websites and various third-parties to distinguish your device from others by having the cookie consist of a unique identifier or other data. Cookies can have many uses, such as to target advertising as well as to enable website functionality and for security. We use both session cookies (which expire after you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them). Persistent cookies can be removed by following your Internet browser help file directions. (Each browser is different, so check the “help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.) If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use Taporel Electrical products or services that require you to “sign in”, and some areas of our website may not work properly, and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
– Local shared objects. Local shared objects (such as “Flash” cookies) are associated with non-Browser software like Flash Player. Local shared objects can be used like cookies to distinguish your device from others but will not be deleted or blocked using browser cookie controls. You can visit adobe.com for guidance on how to delete and block Flash cookies.
– HTML5 local storage. HTML5 local storeage is another way that browsers can distinguish your device from others as well as remember data that may be important for the functioning of the website. Typically HTML5 local storage is only deleted if all Internet history, cache, and cookies are deleted. You should check your browser software for how to delete HTML5 local storage in your particular case.
– Web beacons. Web beacons are image files that are used by third-party advertisers, analytics companies, and others. Web beacons are embedded in web pages you visit and cause your browser to share its IP address with the third-party source of the beacon, together with any cookies associated with that third-party. Web beacons can be used with or without cookies. Blocking cookies will not stop your IP address from being shared through the use of beacons.
– E-tags. E-tags are used to prevent duplicative downloading of content to your browser, which can enhance browser performance. E-tags use unique identifiers for content that can also be used to distinguish your browser in certain instances from others. Typically e-tags are only deleted if all Internet history, cache, and cookies are deleted. You should check your browser software for how to delete e-tags in your particular case.
Our Mobile Apps may use the following technologies for features, services, advertising, or analytics:
Other technologies. Our website and mobile apps may occasionally use other technologies both for purposes of advertising as well as for features and services.
Social Network Widgets
Our website may include social network sharing widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third parties about your interactions with our web pages that you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address, and the URL of the web page where widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking sites, you should read their privacy disclosures, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
How You Can Stop Receiving Communications
When you receive sales flyers, advertisements, direct mail, and other promotional communications from us, including e-mail, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the “unsubscribe” instructions in the email you receive, or by contacting us directly using the Contact Us Form. Once you have submitted your email address to “unsubscribe,” please note that you may continue to receive emails for a time while our system updates your request. On our website, you may change any of your Personal Information by logging into your account and editing your information. Regardless of recorded opt-out preferences, Taporel Electrical reserves the right to send emails or other communications for administrative or transactional purposes, including, but not limited to, communications related to the maintenance of your account and software or product updates.
Information from Children Under 13
This website is not intentionally designed for or directed at children under 13 years of age. We do not intentionally collect or maintain information about anyone under 13 years of age. Please contact Taporel Electrical using this Contact Us Form if you think we may have inadvertently collected such information, and we will attempt to delete the information.
Links to Other Websites
We implement technical, administrative, and organizational safeguards to prevent access to your Personal Information by unauthorized persons. You should know, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of Personal Information.
Your European Union Privacy Rights
Customers or Vendors. To the extent you are a customer or vendor of Taporel Electrical and the collection of your Personal Information is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) or other applicable law, your Personal Information may be processed by us in our capacity as controller (as such term is defined by the GDPR) for the purposes of entering into a transaction with you or complying with regulatory obligations applicable to us, and is based on the following legal bases: (i) performance of a contract to which you are a party, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, (ii) compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or (iii) our legitimate interest in entering into a transaction with you.
Marketing Activities. To the extent you receive direct marketing materials from Taporel Electrical and the collection of your Personal Information is subject to GDPR or other applicable law, your Personal Information may be processed by us in our capacity as controller (as such term is defined by the GDPR) for the purposes of providing you with information about our products, and is based on the following legal basis: your consent. We may share your Personal Information with third party vendors who perform certain marketing services on our behalf. We require such third-party service providers to refrain from using your Personal Information, except to provide the services requested by us.
Where required under the GDPR or other applicable law, you may have the right to obtain confirmation of the existence of certain Personal Information relating to you, to verify its content, origin, and accuracy, as well as the right to access, lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority, review, port, delete, or to block or withdraw consent to the processing of certain Personal Information (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), by contacting us as detailed below. Please note that we need to retain and process certain Personal Information as required or permitted by applicable law, and pursuant to our internal document retention policies. In particular, however, you have the right to object to our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes and in certain other situations at any time. Contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information with respect to the types of personal information the business shares with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes, and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. To exercise your rights, you may make one request each year by contacting us using the Contact Us Form with a “Request for California Privacy Information” on the subject line or in the body of your message. Be sure to provide in the request sufficient information to properly identify you and/or the members of your family.
How You Can Reach Us
How to Request Access to, or the Correction of, Your Personal Information
Except in limited circumstances governed by law, you may obtain access to and have your Personal Information in our records corrected. A request for access or correction must be made using our Contact Us Form or by writing to us at: